Wednesday December 14th
Doors open at 6:00
Dinner at 6:30 Meeting starts at 7:00
Capt. Matt McCulloch
Captain Matt will be talking Blackmouth fishing in Puget Sound. He grew up fishing Puget Sound and the Olympic Peninsula rivers for Salmon and Steelhead, and since 1994 he has been guiding anglers into spectacular fishing throughout Washington and Alaska. This is our Christmas meeting and we’ll be having our Toys for Tots toy drive, so if you want to donate a new in the box unwrapped toy we will make sure it makes it into the hands of a deserving child on Christmas morning. Bob Claus will be there and so will his lure trees so bring a new in the box fishing lure to hang on one of the trees and you may be the lucky winner of all the lures on one of the trees. Bob Claus will also have lots of fishing gear to raffle off. And Best of all Jan De Felice will be serving her famous smoked ham with bourbon glaze. An absolute crowd pleaser. This is going to be a great meeting and I hope to see you there and if not Happy Holidays!
2016 Coho Derby
Clink below for more details
Contact your Legislator
Senator 39th District Kirk Pearson
Raffle Every meeting
Great Prizes by Bob & Jan De Felice!
Renton PSA Big Fish Contest
2014 Entry Instructions
- Send entries to Lindon Green one week prior to the March 9th meeting
- Include Picture, weight and if possible measurements
ENTER YOUR FISH HERE
Renton PSA Coho Derby 2016
Sept 11th 2016
Upcoming club outings
April 1st-3rd PSA All Chapters Derby in Port Townsend - Brad Ridgeway
July 2nd-3rd Crab Opener- Launch at Armeni Ramp.
July 15-19 Area 9 King Salmon Opener Port Townsend - Brad Ridgeway
Mid July Baker Lake Sockeye - State Park
Third Week of July-Sekiu Kings Olsens Resort - 360-963-2311 Van Ripers Resort- 360-963-2334
July Nootka Sound West coast Vancover Island- See Jim
August 22-23 Buoy 10 Ilwaco or Chinook, RV parks and Hotels nearby.
August 29th Salmon For Soldiers Everett Wa, Contact Jim Workman
Sept Willapa BayKings Suzie's RV next to the boat ramp 360- 267-7710 Bob Deflice
Sept Take a Kid Pink Fishing Armeni Launch West Seattle
September 6th Renton PSA Coho Derby Armeni Boat Launch Elliot Bay. Brad Ridgeway
Sept 16th Wild Sekiu Coho Olsens Resort - 360-963-2311 Van Ripers Resort- 360-963-2334
La Push Late Season Kings Three Rivers Resort River RV Park & Storage 360-640-6819
We are the Renton Chapter of Puget SoundAnglers.
We are dedicated to preserving quality fisheries. We believe that our salmon resources can be restored with sound biological management. We believe in the comradeship and wishes of fellow sport fishing anglers. We believe our grandchildren can have a higher quality fishery than any of us ever had.
PSA Helping People Programs that we proudly sponsor and/or donate to the following
- In Harm’s Way
- Cast for Kids - PSA Chapters help out in different ways. Chapters provides personal for events
- Fishing Kids - This is primarily staffed by Renton PSA and Boeing Rod & Reel. This is for 850 kids largest derby of its kind, All kids take home a rod and reel combo, tee shirt and the 2 trout they caught
- Toys for Tots - We collect toys at our December meeting.
- Salmon For Soldiers- PSA is providing numerous boats and captains to to host fishing derdy for up to 300 Soldiers
- Boy scouts of America- Donate hosted fishing trips to various troop auctions, we also do a yearly trip to park lake to take the Burien/White Center troop fishing
- Puyallup Fair kids Fishing Pond- we staff the trout pond on Fri, Sat and Sundays for 3 weekends where we bring smiles to about 3,000 kids a year.
- We Send 2 youth to the Washington State Youth Conservation Camp on Orcas Island during the Summer
Conservation and Environment Programs Renton PSA contribute to
- Salmon Journey program
- Northwest Straits Commission
- Friends of the Cedar River
- Snoqualmie River Cleanup Crew
- WDFW Boat ramp education program- PSA members staff boat launches around the state to hand out crab information packets and educate people on rules and how to. We also educate fishermen on how to safely return bottom fish to the depths using descending devices to reduce the risk of barotraumas. We save the state thousands of dollars with these programs.
- Washington State Youth Conservation Camp- PSA Chapters send boys and girls ages 12 to 16 to Orcas Island for a week of learning about the Ocean and it’s creatures as well as how to enjoy the outdoors through conservation.
Puget Sound Anglers Mission Statement
The Puget Sound Anglers us an organization of independent chapters, with common goals and interests, bound only by integrity and fellowship, with the goal of preserving, protecting and enhancing the sport fisheries of Washington State.
The general outline of the organization is for each chapter to remain an independent nature. The State Board was formed with members from each of the chapters and is responsible to those chapters. The State Board is to assist in forming new chapters and promote membership. In addition, it is to help communications among the chapters regarding fund raising and projects of interest to all
Puget Sound Anglers Position Statement
The Puget Sound Anglers organization exists to enhance the opportunities for sport fishing through educational, scientific, governmental and other activities consistent with the preservation and enhancement of fishery resources. We work for the benefit of our members, affiliated organizations, and others in the recreational fishing community who share our view that common sense and good science is critical to the proper management of our fishery resources. Changes in our position statements may occur when new information relating to the issue becomes available.
Puget Sound Anglers will fight to protect access and keep recreational fishing open on all waters of the state unless there is a clear indication that recreational sport fishers are the primary cause of a specific conservation problem and that less severe conservation measures, such as gear restrictions, bag limits, size restrictions, quotas, or closed seasons will not adequately provide for conservation and management of the affected stocks of concern.
If closed areas are proposed to be established, any such closure must be supported by the best available scientific information with the area identified by specific land points or latitude/longitude boundaries. Additionally, any closed area regulation shall include specific measurable criteria to determine the conservation benefit of the closed area on the affected stocks of fish and shall sunset at the end of three years unless scientific data is presented to maintain the closure. Continuance of the closure will be on an annual basis to allow for periodic review of the continued need for the closed area. If the closure is not supported by the scientific evidence collected, the closed area will be re-opened to recreational fishing in the next regulation cycle by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife Commission.
Puget Sound Anglers Platform
- Recreational fishing is an important part of our culture and way of life.
- Our fisheries should be managed for conservation of the resource first and secondly to provide quality, sustainable recreational fisheries.
- We support full enforcement of our fisheries laws, rules and agreements.
- We support Hatchery Reform.
Our Valued Sponsors
True Blue Coolers
Auburn Sports and Marine
Marine and Tackle